Saturday, March 14, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I've been meaning to post this forever, and at this point, it's probably too late. Since I don't listen to a wide variety of music, I can't really do a 10 best albums of 2008. I think I only listened to 10 albums in 08! I usually find 5 or 6 albums a year that I love, and I play them to death. So I think I'll do something more my style--the 5 best songs of 08, according to moi. All songs are in the player at the bottom of the page.

5. Spinning--Jack's Mannequin. Off the Glass Passenger album. Great beat, great lyrics, great feel. Very catchy--A very bright spot on an otherwise disappointing album.

4. Help Me-- Alkaline Trio. From Agony and Irony. I got turned on to this when I saw the video, which is so unlike me. I love the chorus- I have yet to see these guys live, but I look forward to the day.

3. Headfirst slide into Cooperstown on a bad bet --Fall Out Boy. From Folie a duex. I posted about this song earlier. Great stuff.

2. Retrace --Anberlin. From New Surrender. Incredible imagery. You can almost see the video in your head, even though there isn't one. Classic Anberlin

1. I Don't Care -- Fall Out Boy. again, from Folie a duex. This song may be overplayed, but I still can't get enough of it. The riff gets in your head and stays there. Love the "ow!"s as well. And with sarcastic lyrics, what else can you ask for ?

1 comment:

Justin Caldwell said...

Great stuff dude.

I'm usually not a big fan of the embedded music player (mostly because it's usually full of Alison Kraus and tracks from the Once soundtrack), but it's great to hear what you're reviewing.