Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dandelion Break

I'm not sure it it's me, but is the news much more depressing lately? I consider myself to be a pretty hardcore news junkie. In a given day, I skim 2 newspapers, usually catch some TV news, I read CNN.com, the Drudge Report, FARK, and a few others. I thought I was desensitized to the sensationalism and fear-mongering. But lately, the news seems to be depressing me a bit more. whether it's the protests outside LDS temples, the impending "Great Depression 2 -- Electric Boogaloo", soldiers dying, the never-ending-din of the bickering between the political right and the left, it's really been getting to me lately. Sometimes, I just want to shut it all out and hold my new daughter. I call it my dandelion break.



Anyone care to join me?

1 comment:

Dave and Christine said...

Dustin I am so with you on this. Dave says he can tell I get depressed but I addicted to the news. Unfortunately I don't have a little girl to hold but I will figure something out.